1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Save to home screen

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by CharlesLewis, Jul 11, 2020.

1. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Well-Known Member

When I try to pin a web site to my home screen, it doesn't work unless I reboot my phone. Is this a bug in the latest Android update?

2. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi @CharlesLewis, could you give a bit more detail about exactly how you are trying to 'pin a website to your home screen'.

Using Chrome on my Pixel 3a (Android 10) and Lenovo M10 (Android 9), the 'Add to Home screen' in the 3 dot menu works perfectly.

:thinking::)

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Using Chrome on my Moto G7 (Android 9), the 'Add to Home screen' in the 3 dot menu works perfectly....

4. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

As a matter of interest I have just checked Home page pinning with Firefox and as with Chrome it's working perfectly.

I've also checked the Chrome version and I'm on the latest version updated on 20th June.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? do you have a custom launcher? and why is everyone quick to put the blame on the android os? you have to also think about the phone you have, it's manufacturer, and what skin (launcher) the manufacturer uses on top of the android os.

Dannydet likes this.
  6. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Well-Known Member

Moto Z4, android 10, Moto launcher.

I had no problems until recently, so I'm wondering if something in android 10 could be causing a conflict, especially since a re-boot solves the problem temporarily.