• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saved Audio Files

StephR210

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
Hi ya'll!

I'm new to the Droid world, formerly a blackberry queen, and my oh my do I have a lot to learn! ! !

My question is simple, I had some audio files sent to me, and I saved them, but now I can't find them anywhere!!!

Also, is there a way to set my ringtone (for incoming calls and texts) as one of my saved audio files that was sent to me?

Thanks so much! :cool:

Hi ya'll!

I'm new to the Droid world, formerly a blackberry queen, and my oh my do I have a lot to learn! ! !

My question is simple, I had some audio files sent to me, and I saved them, but now I can't find them anywhere!!!

Also, is there a way to set my ringtone (for incoming calls and texts) as one of my saved audio files that was sent to me?

Thanks so much! :cool:
In your app menu us a file/app called My Files. Voice recordings using the Voice Recorder will end up here in your Sounds folder. From there yes you can set as ringtone using the menu soft key

Upvote 0
Did you check the "Download" folder? Also to set ringtones, you would need to put them into a folder on the SDcard named "ringtones", and "notifications". You would need to hook it up to your computer to do so.
That's not precisely true. Yes things do need to be on the SDCard but they dont have to be in the download folder nor do you need a folder named ringtones nor notifications. I copied and pasted a whole bunch of stuff from my previous device right onto the sdcard itself. They had their own folder names. The SF is actually pretty decent at finding all these songs and frankly I can go right into the music player and set ringtones from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones