1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saved pics from text

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Bas2356, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Bas2356

Bas2356 Lurker

I don't know where my pictures go when I save them from text messages. Pictures i save from FB go right into my gallery. When i try to save a pic from text, it has a download button abd when you click it it says, "Picture saved to Messages stored media." Where is that??? I have a LG V40 thinq.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Gallery" isn't a place, it's an app, so when you say messages to into the Gallery what this means is that they go into a directory that your Gallery app knows to look for images in.

Unfortunately where exactly an SMS/MMS app saves to depends on which app it is. Assuming that this is Google's "Messages" app you are using then on my device that app saves to Pictures/Messages in my internal storage (I just switched to that app and saved an image to test). So that's where I'd start looking, but if not it might be a case of using a file explorer and looking for a likely folder.

For what it's worth, my preferred gallery app (F-Stop) found this folder immediately. It might be that your Gallery app has a setting you can use to tell it to rescan the device or look in other folders from where it is currently looking - I've no experience of LG apps so am guessing here.

ocnbrze, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.