• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving a 360 video

Pizzavan

Lurker
Sep 7, 2021
I have recently discovered that the Gear 360 app doesn't work with my Samsung Galaxy S20 whereas it always worked fine with my S7, which I no longer have. However, I do have an old redundant iPhone 6s and I have installed the Samsung Gear app on there and it seems to work OK.

It's been a while since I uploaded a 360 video to Facebook, but from what I remember you have to select the video on the camera using the app and save it to your phone and once you've done that you can upload it to Facebook as a 360 video. My question is this: is there any difference between saving the video to the phone using the app, and copying the video to a PC or laptop directly from the SD card? Does saving it using the app do something to the file that makes it play properly as a high quality 360 video on Facebook?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones