1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Saving an image when saving as a contact within google maps

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TSi Fly, Sep 26, 2011.

1. TSi Fly

TSi Fly Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Motor Industry
    Somerset, UK
    Hi, on my old iphone, when I searched for a business within Google maps and saved it as a contact an image of the map was saved as a sort of avatar.
    This does not seem to happen when doing the same on my S2, am I doing something wrong? is there a work around or a search app that will allow me to do this pls?

Advertisement

2. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Did you try tapping the menu button for more options?

3. TSi Fly

TSi Fly Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Motor Industry
    Somerset, UK
    Yes it gives me the option to use an image stored on my phone or take an image.
    On my previous iphone if I searched for a business within Google maps and then saved it as a contact it used a small screenshot of the map as a contact image and this is what I was hoping the android phone would do .

4. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Can a mod more this to the Samsung Galaxy s2 sub-forum. You will get more looks and someone to better answer this question.

5. TSi Fly

TSi Fly Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Motor Industry
    Somerset, UK
    Thanks, I originally posted there and got no response, I thought as a general Google Android problem and not specific to a S2 this would be the best place.
    I'm new and didn't mean to get you upset. :)

6. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    It's ok. I am not upset. Just sorry I wasn't able to help you. The only reason I suggest the Samsung Galaxy S2 forum is because I see you are in the UK and your question would received more looks. My Evo lets me add to the contact list when I do a search with google maps, thats one of the options. I don't get an image like you stated. I think google on the iphone tend to do some things differently compared to Android.

TSi Fly likes this.