1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Saving and attaching documents?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slugbug, Aug 23, 2010.

1. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Longhorn Land
    I apologize in advance if this has been discusses.

I am a loooong time BB user. Got the Evo a few months ago. The only thing I'd like to do that I have not yet figure out HOW to do is attachment documents to emails. This is very important to me because I am job hunting and need to respond right away when I get or see a job opening.

I use GMail. I have my resume saved as a GMail doc.

I don't know what to use - can I send via GMail docs or do I need to creak a Quick account?

Seems simple but I've not figured it out.

Thank you

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Umm, when you are in a new email, just hit Menu-Attach. You may need to download a file manager like Astro if you cant find the file through the mail app.

slugbug likes this.
  3. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Longhorn Land
    Thanks so much. I do have Astro. I just created a folder in there for job search documents and it worked just fine. I moved and "found" the files I needed.

I was trying to attach but couldn't find them and thought by saving them as GMail docs they would be more accessible. Not so much :)

Now I will learn how to copy and paste using QuickOffice. Serious learning curve using the business part of this phone after moving from a BB. The fun part of the phone has been allllllll fun.

Thanks again

4. saturnine

saturnine Active Member

May 20, 2010
    Andalusia
    I am having trouble downloading attachments. Sometimes it will give me the option to download or preview, sometimes only preview (Blackmoon AttachSave insalled). Either way, when I try it says "fetching attachment", but never goes beyond this. I have let it sit while connected via 4G & never see any results. I have tested w/a 4b txt file so file size is not the issue.

5. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    try going to gmail in the browser, rather than the app.

6. saturnine

saturnine Active Member

May 20, 2010
    Andalusia
    Thank you, but that is not a resolution. So for everyone else this is not a problem? I am running the updated Gmail app from the Market.

EDIT:
    Uninstalling & reinstalling the update resolved my issue.

Mr. Ed likes this.
Tags: