1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saving Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ian_C, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Ian_C

Ian_C Newbie

ok, so last week, when i added a contact on my HERO it auto sync'd with my Google account and added that person to my list when I looked on my PC. Now it is adding them to the phone only and I can not find where the setting is to add them to my Gmail account,... any ideas anyone ?

2. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

When you create a contact, make sure that the Contact Type is Google and not Phone. Otherwise check to see if sync is on. Menu > Settings > Data synchronization > Google. See if Contacts is checked and Auto-sync is checked.

3. Ian_C

Ian_C Newbie

thanks,, but when i go to create a new contact, it only gives me the options of Sim and Phone, i no longer have the Google option. I checked the Menu > Settings > Data synchronization > Google and they are all checked...

4. treborcj

Is this a sprint hero?

5. Ian_C

Ian_C Newbie

no, htc hero on Orange in UK

6. treborcj

Wrong forum. I really can't be of much help. Maybe contact the wireless provider.

7. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Member

I have the same issue on the Sprint hero. Some help would be appreciated.

8. blindfaith76

blindfaith76 Newbie

I have the same issue as well, Sprint HTC hero, (htc logo) Fresh 1.1 ROM

when I hit "add contact" my only choice is "Phone". This must be recent because only 3 of my contacts are listed as "phone" while the rest are listed as "google"

Is there any way to manually change this from phone to google once a contact is created? and is there any way to make google the default. I currently only have the "phone" option.

9. blindfaith76

blindfaith76 Newbie

I just found a work around app on the market called ContactSync. It basically takes all of your contacts and makes them "google" contacts, then syncs your phone to your google account.

**warning this will change all contacts to google contacts, do not do this if you want to keep them separate**

10. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Member

thanks for the tip! i'm going to try this out.

11. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast

just looked on my phone.. and the google option is the default.. i like it, so i always got an online backup..

12. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

I just noticed a strange issue with my contacts. I have 8 of the many contacts on my phone saved in a folder on the main screen called Quick dial. These did not get saved to my gmail acct. Any ideas why? No big deal, as they are easy to re-create if lost, but strange none-the-less.

13. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Bump. Anyone have any ideas why these 8 contacts (saved in a quick dial folder on home screen) did not sync to my gmail? They all show as google contacts. Thanks!

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews