• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving email? How?

pjk33

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
I got a Samsung Fascinate a week ago after having Blackberry for 8 years. I want to save emails to somewhere (anywhere!) on my phone. I can't figure out how to do this.

If this isn't able to be done, I can't believe it... Please give me some advice. I'm not impressed with email handling on this phone in general, but if I can't save them somewhere, I don't know what I will do... UGH!

Hello pjk33, welcome to Android Forums.

If it's gmail you're referring to, the "archive" selection in the menu at the bottom will keep them for you.

For pop3 and other non-gmails I receive, I forward them to my gmail account so that I can deal with them either by archiving them as above or moving them around to other folders in my gmail account accessed via a computer at work or home.

Many new Android users coming from a Blackberry are startled at the lack of intuitive email handling as compared to RIM's excellent options and handling of email.

Upvote 0
Hello pjk33, welcome to Android Forums.

If it's gmail you're referring to, the "archive" selection in the menu at the bottom will keep them for you.

For pop3 and other non-gmails I receive, I forward them to my gmail account so that I can deal with them either by archiving them as above or moving them around to other folders in my gmail account accessed via a computer at work or home.

Many new Android users coming from a Blackberry are startled at the lack of intuitive email handling as compared to RIM's excellent options and handling of email.

Where do I go on the phone to retrieve the archived gmails?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones