1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support saving email on epic 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tbta02, Oct 4, 2010.

1. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    how do i save an email .i cant find any options for this .not the gmail i mean the aol i get .also how do i move one from trash to inbox or save ?

Advertisement

2. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I would like to know this too. Sometimes I would like to access an email when I don't have data coverage and I haven't found a way to save the email to the phone.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Stock android email sucks. Bottom line is you can't move mail or report spam. You need to hop on the market and check out Maildroid or K-9. Both allow moving mail and report spam. I've been trying out Maildroid. I like the cleaner interface over K-9, but the current version only downloads the headers. It downloads the rest of the email when you open it which kills me because I can spend a half a day in a fringe area. But his next revision is coming out in a few days that will address it. In Maildroid you can also designate which folder is for spam and for deleted mail. I think on both you can set up a bcc to yourself so you can have a copy of sent mail from your phone on aol's webmail since they ditched that feature for some reason. Kind of dumb if you ask me. In a world where more and more people are checking their mail from mobile devices why would you take away features that could drive people to other services?