1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support saving everything on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chippy30, Jan 25, 2014.

1. chippy30

chippy30 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    I need to take my phone in for repair, (possible new phone) I need to save everything on my phone, i.e numbers, apps and most importantly all my txt messages, is their a simple way of doing this so I can transfer back to my phone if I get it back or transfer to a new phone, please give step by step detail on how to do this

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Contacts and texts are easy. My Phone Explorer. Sync them and MPE will have all the contacts and texts on your phone (which you can sync back to another phone).

For apps, just use a backup program that creates apk files. An apk is an installation file for the app - run it and the app gets installed on whichever phone you're running it on.

To save the data grom your apps, Helium should do it. If the phone's not rooted, you'll need to run an app on your PC to get Helium running. The program, running in the phone, will email you a link to the PC program.

3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
  4. chippy30

chippy30 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    right people, I,ve tried but im not really any good at this stuff, can some 1 please put up a easy to follow step by step guide on how to save everything from my phone to a pc or a sd card, and I will also need to know how to transfer it all back to my new phone

5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Unless your phone is rooted, you can't save "everything" from your phone because some parts of the internal filesystem are only accessible by root.

I use MyBackuPro all the time and while it saves a LOT of stuff, it does not save everything.