1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saving images from email attachments (mymail)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmatteis, Nov 12, 2014.

1. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member

I am sure I used to be able to do this but now I don't have the same option. I used to open a pic from an email attachment, received in Mymail (app), then I could click the 3 dots (options) and save the image. Now it has the following options... I click on the dots, and get save as, share, or open in. If I click save as, I get the option to save to extsdcard or "0".
    or if I click the little download icon, it instantly saves to /storage/emulated/0/download. I have no idea what changed, but this is annoying. If click the download, it doesn't show up in my gallery.
    I recently copied the files from my Lexar sd card and then pasted them to a new Samsung SD card, and inserted it. So, not sure if that is the problem... but I put the old card back in, with the files as they were, and it is still the same.
    Any thoughts? Anyone using mymail, that knows???

Edit - so just checked and now it appears to be downloading to the gallery but if anyone does know what the issue may have been, please still let me know.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews