• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving in SNesoid Lite

I want to start by saying I've searched this, and I haven't found an answer yet. I'm having a problem with saving my games progress in SNesoid Lite. I downloaded Chrono Trigger today, and played it for a while. I saved the game through the in-game menu, then closed the emulator with Menu -> Close, then closed the rom list with the back button. I reloaded the save file no problem, and saved and reloaded at least 3 more times.

I moved the rom into a different folder to organize it better, then noticed my save was gone. I figured this was because I moved the rom, so I moved the rom back, which did nothing. I decided to just restart the game, so I did and saved it. The save data was erased again, and keeps getting erased after I close SNesoid.

Almost every response is, "You need the pro version to load saves." I want to remind everyone that I do NOT want to save/load states. I have used Gameboid and GBCoid, which save fine. SNesoid saved fine earlier today, then after no updates or anything, can't save anymore. I know other people have experienced this problem, but most people don't understand that the lite version should support battery saves (the default cartridge saves).

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones