1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saving music

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Philiprr, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Philiprr

Philiprr Lurker

Hey, I apologize if this has been asked before, but is it possible to save my entire Apple Music playlist to my PC? I will be switching from iPhone to Pixel 2 (hopefully) tomorrow and like many others, I have a massive playlist thanks to Apple Music. I don't think I can download it all to my phone seeing how this is a 16GB phone.

I hope to be able to save all my music, and then transfer it all to my new phone, which will be an Android phone and hopefully the Pixel 2.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If by playlist, you mean your library? Yes, but with some explanation. Anything that's mp3 or mp4 will be no problem, just copy them over. I'm pretty sure the Pixel 2 can play m4a files natively, too, but you might need to use a different media player. If you've got a collection that has files that go back to the DRM era, then you may have to re-download drm-free versions or export them as mp4's. Either way you can do this in iTunes.

Now, if you mean playlists, then I'd say not to bother. It's much easier just to set them up again from scratch than to try and export/import them from iTunes to Android.

3. Philiprr

Philiprr Lurker

Awesome and thank you.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

@lunatic59 Back to the DRM era? Is that no longer a thing?

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

You really should go out more. That hasn't been a thing (for Apple) since 2009.

It used to be when you bought a song on iTunes you could only have it on 5 devices at any given time and it had to be placed there through iTunes. Since 2009 you can freely copy the media, but it either must be a player that can handle Apple's m4a encoding or you have to export it to a lesser codec like mp3.

6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Which is EXACTLY why I begun my dislike (OK, hate) of Apple! Someone gave me an iPod back in the day as a gift and I bought a lot of songs/albums even though I immediately hated iTunes itself. Then '09 came along and I got a OG Motorola Droid. Much to my (uncontrolled) chagrin my tunes were stuck in iTunes. Back in the dark ages it was no easy feat to get them out but I manged. That was it, Apple was not for me ever again and I am still bitter. :p

mikedt and lunatic59 like this.

Apple Music

Apple Music Forum

com.apple.android.music

Apple Music gives you unlimited access to millions of songs and your entire Apple Music library. All ad-free and available right from your Android device, iPhone, iPad, or Mac or PC. Try it today. There’s no commitment — cancel anytime. • Stream over 60 million songs from the Apple Music catalog. • Follow along to your favorite songs with time-synced lyrics. • Stream your favorite music via Chromecast to your favorite device. • Listen without Wi-Fi or using data. Just download your favorites to your smartphone and take your music anywhere. • Create your own playlists and get personalized mixes and daily recommendations based on the music you already love. • Watch exclusive content, like documentaries about your favorite artists, concert films, and original TV shows. • Hear your favorite artists and DJs on Beats 1, live or on demand. • Listen to broadcast radio stations from around the world. • Create a profile and follow friends to see music they’re listening to and playlists they’ve shared. • New members get three months free. • Availability and features may vary by country or region. Subscription renews automatically after trial.

READ MORE
March 17, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
50M+
Installs