1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saving "paid for" applications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shmn, May 18, 2011.

1. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

Is there a way to save applications that you buy from the market so in case you need to do a hard reset you can get them back? I actually only have one "paid for" application: MLB At Bat 11.

I tried to save it to my SD card but that option is grayed out. How can I make sure that I can get MLB At Bat back if I have to reset the EVO without having to re-purchase?

Why can only some applications be saved to the SD card? And does saving applications to the SD card help you in case of a reset?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert

They'll show up in the market to download for free when you log back into the phone after resetting.

As for why only certain ones, that's up to the dev. They have to enable the app to be saved to the sdcard. Some higher end ones won't do it for piracy reasons.

shmn likes this.
  3. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

So, the Android Market remembers what I bought. Good to know. Thanks.

4. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

Paid apps are forever linked to your Google account.. even after the developers no longer maintain them :)

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews