• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving pic from inside MMS to external SD card

gigfy

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it on search.

I want to save a picture from a MMS to my external sd card.

I am running Gingerbread (2.3.6) and when I long press a MMS with pic I get the following options: Delete, Lock, Attached items, Forward, & View message details. When I click on Attached items I get a menu with the pic name, a check box, and save & cancel buttons. When I save the pic it is saved in my phone. /sdcard/download

I want to save it to my external sd card. /sdcard/external_sd/download

How do I do that? I've looked in the following locations but there are not any selections to change the storage location!! :mad:

Messaging -> Menu -> Settings
Phone -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Messaging

Thanks
gigfy

When you have the photo loaded in mms, click on menu button, it will bring up a menu of several options. Click on attached items., then a screen will pop up, click on it and it will be saved to SD card. Then go to gallery and you will see it. Also it will still be in mms, and you can delete it from there after making sure its in your gallery.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones