1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Saving Pictures in messaging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Dec 26, 2011.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

Can't figure out how to save a message that i received attached to a text.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Press and hold the pic.

3. politzer

When I do that it creates a new album title "download" on my gallery home page. Then if i press and hold it gives me a menu option of Deleting or Details.

4. pool_shark

If you open the message, press and hold the pic, you should get a menu with an option to save attachment or something like that. It gets stored in either the messaging or download folder.

5. politzer

Nope, doesn't work. Managing Pictures is becoming the most difficult part of this transition. I'm having problems deleting and displaying pictures on Google+ and the online help isn't very helpful.

6. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

In the txt messages thread, long press on the picture.... don't open the picture. You'll have an option to "Save Attachment".

Go into gallery, click the download folder. It will be there.... just verified on my own SGN.

7. pool_shark

Is it a picture or a slideshow?
    A slideshow will show with a play icon on it.
    If that's the case you should be able to press the menu botton to download it.

For google + I manage the photos from the website not the app.

8. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I think you got that far.

Open the pic in the download folder to view. There are options at the top. Share is the < button and there's a txt message icon button and a trash can. Choose what you need to do from there!

9. politzer

Yes, I got that far. Now I'd like to move the "downloaded" picture to an album, if possible on the phone.

As far as Google+ is concerned, does anyone know a way to change the sequence of the pictures appearing in an album - which will then sync that view to the phone?

10. trunksy

trunksy Lurker

Any luck with getting the "downloaded" folder to show up as an album or moving images into an existing album without downloading a file manager?

11. RRMan03

RRMan03 Newbie

If there is a way to move pictures in the albums in your phone i have not found it either. The only way I have found is to hook to the PC and move them. If there is a way on the phone I would like the instructions also. Im trying to learn this phone but some of it is not as easy as one would like it to be.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews