• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving settings on Incredible

4ajd4

Apr 9, 2010
Looks like I may have to sway out my DI for a new phone. It seems my four buttons under the screen (Home, Menu,...) only light intermitently, although they work when not lit. Just got the phone yesterday and it started happening half way thru the day. Tried playing with the display settings, but no luck. Called VZ and they are sending me a new phone. Question is, I spent lots of time setting up my custom Sense screens/scenes. Is there anyway to save them from the phone onto my computer? I connected the DI to my computer, but there is no obvious file for scenes or scene names. Also, I guess I'm stuck having to re-do all my settings on the phone as if I was starting all over again with the initial install??? Oh well, would rather have a phone that works correctly. If anyone has any tips to avoid the full set up again, please let me know.

Can you get the buttons to light (when they're off) by pressing one? Sometimes mine go back on, sometimes they don't.
No, mine definately go on and off based on the light sensor.
They are off right now and as soon as I cover the top, the phone dims and the lights go on. Once I remove my hand the phone gets brighter and the bottom lights go out.

Upvote 0
So you think the button lights should go off when in bright light (they probably time out to save battery when the phone thinks it's light enough not to need them) and only go back on in dim or dark conditions as sensed by the light sensor; that this is independent of the screen display timeout.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones