1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Saving SMS messages to home computer?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Frank Mitchell, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Frank Mitchell

None

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    I have some pictures and text messages that I need to save to my home computer. How do I do this? I can't seem to find a way to do it from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Frank

Advertisement

2. Noremon

Noremon Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Are the pictures in MMS messages? You'll have to save them first if they are. Otherwise you should just be able to connect your device to a computer and copy the pictures off that way, your device should show as a media device or digital camera. Drag-and-drop regardless. Or you can use a service like Google Drive to upload the pictures to it for downloading on another device. You may need to install Samsung Drivers if your device doesn't do it automatically.

3. Noremon

None

Jul 17, 2016
  4. Noremon

None

Jul 17, 2016
    As for backing SMS up to a readable way, I recommend Super BackUp { https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts } which allows you to e-mail or upload to Google Drive the file. I didn't have any luck restoring SMS after a factory reset with it though, but it does save them to an .XML file with the message, the number, and a contact name if you have one set.

5. Noremon

None

Jul 17, 2016
    Here is a previous version of the .APK because I see from the Google Play Store reviews there are current issues since the latest update. They should get it sorted ASAP though so you can wait too!

Attached Files: