• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
my x10 mini keeps coming up with the low memory icon and promting me to delete stuff, however when i look at how much memory remains, its only the phone memory tht is low on space, my 2gb memory card still has 1.8gb left :S how do i change the settings so everything saves to my sd card rather than the phone memory?

Apps save to the phones memory and with the current android 1.6 you can't move them to your SD card. Any pics or music should be saving directly to your SD card however. I saw a similar problem when the phone wasn't recognising the SD card at all. If you hook your phone up to the PC and explore the sd card, what is on there?

Upvote 0
Apps save to the phones memory and with the current android 1.6 you can't move them to your SD card. Any pics or music should be saving directly to your SD card however. I saw a similar problem when the phone wasn't recognising the SD card at all. If you hook your phone up to the PC and explore the sd card, what is on there?
it recognises the sd card coz my music is on there...but when i take a picture tht usually causes the low storage to come up. if its apps tht are causing the low memory, mine doesnt seem to be able to hold many at all :S

Upvote 0
I wonder if you need to run a repair on either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service. The trouble is this will wipe your phone back to factory settings so make sure you have your contact saved either to SD card or synced. Any apps you can redownload from the market.

If that doesn't fix it then maybe you need to speak to your carrier/retailer about getting it repaired.

Another thought is download a camera app from the market, Vignette is good. Try the free version and see if this causes the same problem. It will have its own software to tell it to save to the Vignette file on your SD card. You don't have to keep the app, its just by way of an experiment to see what the phone does with it before going through the aggro of doing a repair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones