1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps SAX and SQLite not working on some phones problem

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by jimthechimp, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jimthechimp

jimthechimp Lurker

Hello Everyone

I have developed an app in 2.2 SDK that takes a few RSS feeds using SAX and stores them into the SQLite3 database. It then obviously displays the feeds in a listview.

I used this code to get the RSS

Build a mobile RSS reader

and then I followed this to get it into the database

NewsDroid RSS Reader | Hello Android

It was developed in 2.2 but I have allowed API 7 (2.1 update 1) to install it.

I have tried this on my own phone. HTC Desire with 2.2 and I have tried it on emulators set at 2.1.
    I have also tried it on a friends phone at 2.1.

I published it and I am getting a mixture of some people praising me as it's exactly what they need. But I am also finding some people who are complaining that it is not working and that when it displays the data, it displays nothing apart from a default message that I have set that says "no feeds to display"

Can anybody help mas as to why this random problem is occurring. Why should it work perfectly well on one phone and then not at all on another?
    Do some phones come without SQLite3 installed?
    Most people seem to be having the problem on 2.1 but there has been 1 person with 2.2

Sorry if this problem has been answered before but I've done a prett extensive google search.

I suppose what I'm asking is, is this something that is not my fault or is there something wrong with my code?
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement