1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support says no sd card inserted when trying to sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davegee, Jun 25, 2011.

1. davegee

davegee Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    uk
    hi
    ive just got my nice new shiny htc desire s and trying to sync contacts from my pc.

when using htc sync i get the message as in the picture,the phone card is picked up in windows as i get the windows message box asking me what i want to open the card with(pictures,music etc) so i know its picking the card up..i wonder is it because windows is picking the card up first before htc sync,that htc sync is denied access to the card and thus not seeing it?

im on windows 7.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Was it the SD card that came with the phone, one you bought for it or one you had already that you know to work?

If it came with the phone or you've bought it new, have you checked to see if the SD card you have works out of the phone? Take it out and try reading/writing files to it via a card reader.

Check also to see if the SD card you have is mounted to the phone. All apps > Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount/Unmount SD card.

You could try a soft reset, too - remove the battery for a couple of minutes. And, for what it's worth, if you haven't tried any of the above, make sure the SD card is slid fully home in its slot in the phone.

3. davegee

davegee Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    uk
    tried all that,i got it to work by wiping and resetting the phone to factory settings even tho i hadnt done anything in the first place,all works now :)

the 8gb card is what came with the phone.

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Generally, you shouldn't have any trouble with the SD cards that come with the phone, especially if it's via a service provider. It's those bought on eBay or similar that you have to watch out for!

Good to know you got it sorted. Shame it had to take a factory reset to do it, but that's less hassle if you haven't loaded much stuff on it.

5. davegee

davegee Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    uk
    i think i had only put youtube and iplayer on it so was'nt too much hassle :)

Tags: