1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

.sbf question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChristianTW, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

So I flashed Gummy to my phone and I liked it a lot, but I couldn't go the whole day without charging it at least 3 times. So today I tried going back to Liberty but it would not get past the Liberty boot logo. So my question is, do I need to sbf back in order to reinstall Liberty?

:captain:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

You shouldn't have to sbf to switch roms. Did you do the standard wipe data/cache/dalvik? It could also be a bad download of the rom. Did you check the MD5sum of the file?

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

you could just restore your back up you made of liberty before flashing gummy....you DID make a back up in CWM didn't you? :) :)

rule #1 of root club....always make a backup before trying something new :)

colchiro likes this.
  4. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

I wiped everything and checked the MD5, I even made backups but for some reason all my backups say that no system.img file or anything was found even though I can navigate to the folder and see it there and the MD5 on those is good too...

5. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

You've got yourself quite an anomaly there. You can't even restore a nandroid? I guess you will have to sbf since I can't think of any other remedy.

If I were you I'd ask about this in the Gummy thread over at Rootzwiki. Maybe the folks there could help you out.

Edit: You didn't use Bootstrap to get into recovery did you? I know that can fubar stuff when on a 2nd init rom.

6. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

Yeah, nandroids won't even restore. So if I sbf I can still reinstall Gummy if the Liberty install doesn't work, correct?

Nope, I didn't bootstrap.

7. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

My nandroid backup of Liberty failed to restore when I was coming from Gummy as well. I just SBF'd and reloaded. Wasn't a big deal.

trophynuts likes this.
  8. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

The problem is I have no internet on my PC to download the sbf files... I could on my phone I suppose.

9. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

Crap, I have Cricket, I can't sbf...

I just remembered I had Gummy previously but was able to flash back pretty easily... kinda irritated that I am having this problem now...

10. ChristianTW

ChristianTW Newbie

Got this issue fixed. For those of you that might be having this same problem, I was able to fix the problem by installing YACK 1.0 and then install your backups... I think it is because of an issue with a CWR version mismatch and switching ROMs changed it to the correct version? Not really sure.

11. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

Glad you're back in working order.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews