• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SBF / RSD 4.8 Lite will not PASS

PeaceMaker

Jul 7, 2010
NJ
I downloaded froyo 2.2 SBF (I've downloaded from three different sources). Tried manually booting into the bootloader (camera button, vol down, power + battery) and that fails. It finishes then fails saying it couldn't write to RAM or something like that.

I also tried starting it while the phone is connected to PC in PC mode w/ USB debugging enabled. Same result there.

I am SBF'ing because my phone is acting super funky and I want to start clean. The only thing I haven't tried yet is wiping the data and cache prior to the SBF. In case this step doesn't work... what other option do I have?

Other notes:
I saved SBF files to a storage HD
I am running Windows 7

First of all, thank you for the quick responses...

1) Run sbf from your pc's hard drive
2) make sure there's enough room on your sd card
3) I gotta move this to the root section.

:)
It was run from my PC's hard drive. My storage drive is internal, but I will attempt from my C drive (since I have no other options). I definitely have plenty of room on the SD card

Use RSDlite to flash the sbf.

Instructions:
Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now
I am using RSD lite 4.8 already...

I'd prolly do a factory reset before an SBF. SBF after if issues persist.

What issues anyway? Define super funky...
I did the factory reset last night. It was fine initially, then when I rebooted, it went right to bootloader, selected restart phone from the bootloader, and it rebooted into OS. Now the weird part was that it loaded some apps i had prior to the hard reset (just some, not all); launcher pro was installed, and a few other random applications.

Everytime I reboot, it always goes into the bootloader (but will go into the OS if I hit restart phone now from the bootloader. Really weird, I just want to start from scratch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones