1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Scam alert] How people trust this app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Cao Van Thanh, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Cao Van Thanh

Cao Van Thanh Well-Known Member

Yesterday I start researching and found that there are 1 app that I very exciting.
    The app with 100 millions download, 4.7 rating.
    I was decompile apk to learn how he can optimize device touch response time.
    What I found?
    This app just show a fake alert dialog that say to people:
    "Your touchscreen response time has been reduced by : {random integer 5 or 6} ms"
    [​IMG]
    I don't know why this app get 4.7 rating.
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

This kind of crAPP is very common with the Google Play Store.

This is exactly why I cannot stand it when Google says that to 'stay secure' you should only download apps from the Google Play Store.

This kind of crAPP is a perfect example as to why I do not download apps from the Google Play Store.

My guess is that along with discovering that this app does absolutely nothing useful, it also provides Google and/or the app devs all kinds of info on the people that are unfortunate enough to download and use this junk.

This goes right into the bin with all the anti-virus, battery fixers, cpu coolers, RAM boosters, memory expanders, and all that other crap.

You can bet that many, if not most, of the positive reviews are fake, just like the app.

Madd61, Cao Van Thanh and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what app are we talking about?

Cao Van Thanh likes this.
  4. Cao Van Thanh

Cao Van Thanh Well-Known Member

5. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

The only Play Store app I instinctively trust is Rectanal, the haemorrhoid detection app for which you must allow all permissions and sharing.

You must take 10 shots in succession from 5 feet (bent over).
    Slightly troubling that it doesn't confirm yay or nay, but rather scores you out of 10.

Best thing is apparently my app username has become extremely popular on some parts of the interweb. For an aging man that's unexpectedly flattering. ;) :cool:

mikedt, ocnbrze and Hadron like this.

Touchscreen Repair

Touchscreen Repair Forum

apps.redpi.touchscreenrepair

The touchscreen of any device deteriorates with use. As a result you experience touch lags and sometimes your touchscreen stops responding. Touchscreen repair app analyzes your touchscreen response time and reduces it so that you can have a smoother experience with your touchscreen. FEATURES
-> Repairs your touchscreen by removing touch lags and improving your touchscreen responsiveness. -> Makes it easier for you to type on your keypad. -> Reduces touchscreen response time. -> Easy and quick process. -> Light weight apk. No unwanted graphics. HOW TOUCHSCREEN REPAIR WORKS?
Touchscreen repair takes 4 response time values from 4 parts of your touchscreen. 3 such samples are taken for better accuracy. Based on these values, the app calculates a reduced, uniform response time and applies it for the touchscreen on software side. This is how the app repairs your touchscreen. Checkout this youtube video on how to use the app : https://youtu.be/wm1diJplVtk If you only want to calibrate your touchscreen without effecting the response time values, you can use the Touchscreen Calibration app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=redpi.apps.touchscreencalibration

READ MORE
October 4, 2018
Last Updated
Rating
5M+
Installs