1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Scan and fix my HTC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustwun77, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

On Windows 7, 64 bit, using TWRP 2.2.1.

Here recently when I mount the phone in recovery, windows comes up with a message that it sees some sort of trouble and wants to scan and fix my htc device, or something to that effect.

What is up with that? I have doubts as to the advisability of letting windows have it's way with my phone. It might never be the same. :)

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions or explanations as to what might be going on with this issue?

tia!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I've had it pop up a few times before on my OG, and I usually just let it scan for errors and that was the end of it.

dustwun77 likes this.
  3. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Android Enthusiast

are you talking about the internal storage or do you have an sd card? because I get that when I try to mount my sdcard when there are bad sectors or something didn't finish deleteing/installing before the card was unmounted. this happens because sometimes I'm dumb and pull the usb cord before doing the click to unmount thing.

for the longest time I had a kindl folder to go along with my kindle folder that absolutely could not be deleted. I had to reformat the card to make it go away

4. dustwun77

I figured it was referring to my internal storage because that is what I have as the default to mount in recovery.

I am fairly sure that I always unmount before I pull the cord, I may have forgotten to though.

5. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Android Enthusiast

Windows does that all the time if the device wasn't formatted with Windows. I get this with my phone and flash drives. If you allow the scan it will stop bugging you. Or ignore it, there is no problem really.

dustwun77 likes this.
  6. dustwun77

It just started doing it though, so I was wondering what was up. Thanks for the quick response you guys!

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews