1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Scan business cards

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TimTDP, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TimTDP

TimTDP Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    I am looking for a very reliable method to scan and import data from business cards into my contacts
    I have looked at Android apps, tried a couple but am not happy. Some are paid for, which I don't mind doing, but I need to know that they work!

Advertisement

2. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Have you tried Google Goggles?

3. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I've recently started using Google Goggles (free, in the Market). It works extremely well. The only thing that gets me every time is that I forget to put the newly created contact in my Google account, not the default that Goggles picks (phone).

It's free, give it a spin...

4. jawzz

jawzz Member
    None

Jun 2, 2011
  5. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    So name+number from a business card to contacts. The most reliable method is to use your thumbs(or whatever appendige you'd like) and type it in.

6. DolphinDroid

DolphinDroid Newbie
    None

I have used CamCard and ABBYY.... I much prefer ABBYY.

7. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Aurora CO
    I use CamCard myself.

Good Biz Card scanners are hard to find without trial and error. Even the best of them will have crappy reviews/comments from a lot of people, because the biggest problem is the dependency on optimal conditions and camera quality/settings.

The reason I use CamCard is because I like the UI and features. I like that in addition to adding it to your contacts, it also keeps its own interactive rolodex/card-holder with the business card images and contact information from which you can call/message directly from. Including support for both sides front and back of a business card. As well you can opt to not publish to your phone/google contact list if you don't wish to, but still keep it in your card-holder. Which is nice because I have a ton of business cards from people which I'd probably never add to contacts, but it provides me with a searchable and interactive database.

8. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland

Helpful? Methinks not!

9. rbasusparky

rbasusparky Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Another vote for Google Goggles. Version 1.4 that was released on May 9, 2011 brought improved performance of its Business Card Reader function. I've been using it and have been very impressed with its performance and it's integration with the stock Contacts app when adding the contact.

10. xmscan

None

Dec 24, 2010
    Hi guys, we are developers of ScanCard and we are happy to announce here that we have released ScanCard FREE VERSION (instead of previous lite version) on Android Market.

[​IMG]

You would be able to capture images, recognize and save limitless cards. The service is also cloud-based, which means your cards are backed up on the cloud service as well. Then you will be free to manage your contacts anywhere at anytime. The only constraint is that you need a web synchronization account, which is free charge as well, to use the solution.

By far, we are the only “100% free” business card reader working on Android OS, which recognizes Chinese, English and other European languages, with a real performant OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engine, accuracy up to 95%+++. Compared to most cloud-based solutions, with ScanCard you are getting the recognized contact information immediately after capturing the business card's image, no need to wait days and hours before getting it on hand.

View ScanCard's video on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xmscan?v=XP4hqLK410I

View more ScanCard’s reviews:
    Review & Press XMSCAN's blog

Download Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=scan.bcr.ch

Any comments are welcome! Thanks for your supporting!

XMSCAN