• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Scanner linked to my website?

kaufy1987

Lurker
Apr 24, 2012
hello everyone

i was wondering if you could help me out with a certain app function. my ideas are more complex than my skills lend me to be able to do. id like to know if you can give me some direction on the bar code scanner. when someone scans a product (upc code) i'd like the app to launch my website and show the person the price of the product they just scanned. basically they would be doing a simple search for that upc code on my website. simple but probably very complicated to program? i appreciate any help you can give me. thank you!:)

Also try passing parameters through your site. I built something similar for my senior design project and used index.php?UPC=######

And then the UPC parameter I passed through the address was used to filter a table on the website. You can launch the barcode scanning app with simple code and then it returns the UPC to your app, which can then call an intent of a URL with the parameter passed to it.

Passing variables in PHP 5 in the URL

Reactions: kaufy1987
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones