• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scanner Radio

I was using the free version. I already had the chat plugin. The chat would not connect with free version and I was unable to connect to listen. There were no updates. I shut off the phone and restarted. I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED. That didnt work. I bought the other version. That didnt work. I looked online found this forum. I asked for help. After that I connected my optimus s to the computer. I downloaded the beta version on twitter put it on my phone and used astro to install it. To my surprise it still would not connect but the chat was working. I couldnt listen but I could use chat. That is where I am stuck at now

Upvote 0
The problem may be the fact that, unlike other carriers, Sprint intercepts streaming audio connections and routes them through their proxy server, that has caused some people problems at time (with my app as well as other streaming audio apps).

One more thing to try is to run the app, then select Settings from the menu, then select Player Settings from the menu, and change the "Streaming method" setting and see if that helps.

-- Gordon

Reactions: codybanks865
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones