• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scenes - transparent icon labels ?

I don't have personal experience with this, but I believe that Anycut or Bettercut from the market allows you to change your icons.

Anyone tried this?

Bettercut is great for changing icons ... but it sounds to me that the OP wants to make the lable (or name) of the app dissapear. If thats the case, he could use Bettercut or Anycut to change the name of the icon to a single space. I havent tried it, but it might work

Upvote 0
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.... Look at the (2) attached images. One is from my Windows XP desktop and the "names" or "labels" have transparent backgrounds. Now look at the Eris screenshot. Instead of the dark, rounded-rectangle icon labels, I'd like them to also be transparent.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 124
  • droid-eris-verizon-MoreViews-702.jpg
    droid-eris-verizon-MoreViews-702.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Bettercut is great for changing icons ... but it sounds to me that the OP wants to make the lable (or name) of the app dissapear.
Looking at the website for BetterCut, I'm not sure it will. He shows some screenshots that appear to have transparent icon label backgrounds, but I think the background color of the "screen" is simply very similar, or the same, as the color of the icon label background.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.... Look at the (2) attached images. One is from my Windows XP desktop and the "names" or "labels" have transparent backgrounds. Now look at the Eris screenshot. Instead of the dark, rounded-rectangle icon labels, I'd like them to also be transparent.

Agreed and seconded. Also, great job with the visual reference! You are indeed truly dedicated to your cause.

:D

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to get transparent labels for the icons on-screen ?

Download "LauncherPro" from your market (this is a whole new launcher designed to replace your phone's system launcher), once done, while on your home screen, press options>preferences>appearance settings>then uncheck the "show icon labels background"

This is the only way i know of and if you uninstall launcherpro, it'll revert back to your system launcher again and of course put the background behind label again

Hope this helps
-amer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones