1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SCG wifi connectivity problems...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bnell, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bnell

bnell New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Hi all, Just bought AT&T SCG a couple of weeks ago. From day 1 having wifi connectivity problems. Can't connect at home. Initially thought it was Fios router. Tried everything, reboot, changing router setting etc. Still no go. However, tried wifi at local library & still didn't work. Now I'm running all over town to see if phone picks up wifi. Headed to Starbucks now. Do you think I got a bum phone or is this common Only have 200MB data plan so this is a big issue for me. Anyone else having this problem? Need to decide if I'm keeping it. I like everything else about the phone... HELP PLEASE!!!

Advertisement

2. taghag

taghag Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I wifi with mine all the time, no problem. Maybe you do have a dud phone :(

3. bnell

bnell New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks 4 the reply. Just got back from Starbucks. They have ATT hotspot. Still had problems. Found ATT store in the area. The rep changed the SIM & tried to connect. He was getting an error message too. He also thinks it's the phone. Will exchange and post results 4 anyone else who might have a similar problem. The only thing I can think of is the sales person that sold me the phone took the SIM from my very old MotoRazar & put it in the SCG. Everybody says this shouldn't matter but you never know with electronics like this. If anybody is going to buy a new smartphone, my advice is have them transfer your numbers and put in a new SIM.

4. euro1990

euro1990 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Chicago
    SIM shouldn't matter, but you never know. I've had my phone nearly 2 months, no wifi problems. I occasionally have to turn my phone wifi off and on while at home (stays connected, but no data transfers), but that could possibly be an issue with my router.

I did have to swap my phone once due to freeze-up issues, so I'm not surprised about the possibility of a bad handset. Swap it out. My new one has had zero freezing issues.