1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Scheduled Send for GMail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

Google recently announced "Scheduled Send" for GMail allowing you to set a time in the future that an e-mail you've composed will be delivered. Extremely helpful feature, but it doesn't seem to be live on Desktop or Android.

Anyone else have luck finding it?

ocnbrze likes this.
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

I keep looking for it but haven't seen that option yet :)
    Just curious as to what that would accomplish?
    I mean, you either send it now, it sits in their inbox until read, or you send it later when they decide to even look at their inbox.

Edit: yes, I saw the "which is helpful if you’re working across time zones, or want to avoid interrupting someone’s vacation." but really, so what?

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah don't have that feature just yet......not really sure if i would be using it tbh

4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Give me something that I'd want...
    Hmmm, why not finally give a dark theme option.

Asking for a friend.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Still waiting here, I thought it was already released but to come to realized it was something else. I quickly discovered it was to turn confidential mode on/off :mad::mad:

Pic.jpg

6. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

it's been awhile, but I noticed it's available on my gmail for android. after composing a message, tap the three dot overflow menu NEXT TO the paper airplane send icon.

useful to send yourself a reminder - and I like the fact that (unlike snooze) it doesn't remove the original from your mailbox. It's also a useful / respectful feature imo when emailing co-workers outside of normal working hours, if you are not wanting a reply until normal working time (although I use outlook for this)

travissamp12 and DonB like this.

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs