1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

School Idol won't load on tablet, and what is "rooting"?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ReeceTheBeast, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ReeceTheBeast

Hey there,

I have a generic, 7-inch Android tablet. Despite being a cheap device, it seems to run most games quite well. However, I am having issues getting "School Idol Festival" to run on the device.

First, upon attempting to launch the game, I was getting an error that read something along the lines of "illegal access detected". Upon a quick Google search, I discovered that this was a common issue, and so I followed a tutorial on how to fix it.

I was lead to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMOESezPzI However, I ran into another error (I don't recall what it said) that prevented me from installing the Xposed app.

Then I tried this: https://ihuntmoe.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/how-to-play-love-live-school-idol-festival-game-on-rooted-android-device/ I followed the instructions successfully using the SuperSU app, and now I can bypass the previous error. But now, when I launch the game, it gets stuck on a black screen with a constantly spinning loading icon and doesn't progress.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

Also, what exactly does "rooting" your Android device mean? I keep seeing it mentioned on all the sites I've visited. As far as I know, I haven't rooted my device, but then again, I'm not entirely sure what it means.

Thank you in advance!
    Reece

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Rooting" means modifying the device's software to give the user superuser ("administrator" in Windows parlance) access. Most devices do not allow this out of the box, but some budget devices are sold already rooted. So my guess is that your tablet is one of these.

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve your problem: if you've got past the root checking (the "illegal access" message) and it still doesn't work it might be incompatible with the device, but it's hard to say. If you could tell us what the error was when you tried to install xposed it might be that someone could suggest a solution to that - but unless you register you can't reply to this thread, though you could post another question if you had the information.

3. ReeceH92

ReeceH92 Lurker

Thanks for the reply :) Turns out I already have a proper account under a different name. Sorry for the confusion, and my delayed response.

Here's what I get when I try to install Xposed:

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know how the Xposed installer works (never tried it myself), so can only make guesses. First thing would be to try a root checker app to see whether you really are rooted (or try installing and running Titanium Backup - that will tell you if there is a problem with root). If that all works, I wonder whether installing Xposed needs a custom recovery? But the message you have there suggests that's not the problem.