• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scott Walker (R-WI) and Unions

Unions have ****ing ruined California! Gov. Walker, don't let them **** up your state. Stand up to them while you can! Teachers here complain because they have to pay a $15 co-pay when they go to the doctor? WTF! I pay a high premium and a $30 co-pay. Cops can retire at 50 with 90% of their salary. WTF!?! These public workers live in a bubble. They will never have to experience a recession like the rest of us. They teach on the weekdays and go shopping on the weekend. When's the last time I went shopping? Unions bankrupt states! Don't let Wisconsin become California!

we had a thread on this

I wish him luck, of course he will likely do nothing against business to drive down costs and he seems a bit of a rhetoric junkie

Leaving the public have to much say is what ruined Cali. imo

EDIT: If you don't shop on the weekends you must be unemployed or live with your folks lol

Teachers are way overpayed in Ireland, esp as they get great hols

Upvote 0
we had a thread on this

I wish him luck, of course he will likely do nothing against business to drive down costs and he seems a bit of a rhetoric junkie

Leaving the public have to much say is what ruined Cali. imo

EDIT: If you don't shop on the weekends you must be unemployed or live with your folks lol

Teachers are way overpayed in Ireland, esp as they get great hols

I live in a studio apartment and am a full-time law student. My parents are a 4-5 hour drive (depending on traffic) away from me. Tuition and book prices have skyrocketed here in California, while financial aid has fell. All of my ****ing money goes to pay for my schooling, and I still had to borrown, so don't give me that shit!

The teachers unions; however, will continue to make 48K plus INSANE benefits even though they only work 9 months out of the year while everyday people like me continue to suffer because the libtards in SF and LA can't get their heads out of their asses and have elected Moonbeam to a third term. Moonbeam is a bag boy for the unions, so they'll still be in pretty good shape.

Upvote 0
But isn't California run by Arnie, no?

TBH, I hate to say it, but I'd prefer to elect someone who overpays civil servants rather than someone who doesn't guve a crap about people or the environment

Why can't Cali raise taxes? I know ye get screwded by the 1% of GDP borrowing rule

BTW, Californians clearly have a thing for politicians with cool names ;)

Upvote 0
But isn't California run by Arnie, no?

TBH, I hate to say it, but I'd prefer to elect someone who overpays civil servants rather than someone who doesn't guve a crap about people or the environment

Why can't Cali raise taxes? I know ye get screwded by the 1% of GDP borrowing rule

BTW, Californians clearly have a thing for politicians with cool names ;)

Governor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown runs California.

Both Arnie and Moonbeam want to raise taxes, but our state constitution requires that any tax increase be approved by a popular statewide vote. The voters keep rejecting all proposed tax increases. I'm an ant-tax person myself, but we're so far into the shithole that some temporary tax increases are warranted even in my book.

Upvote 0
And as I said, the problem with Cali is people have to great a say in decision making
Like it or not, politicians are better at what as after all their job than ordinary folks in general

You mean the same politicians in the California Legislature that took over 9000 weeks to agree on a budget and had our state shutdown? Or do you mean the same politicians that are bankrolled by the unions and the liberal interest groups that have driven us to the brink of bankruptcy?

Why should we raise taxes when we have the some of the highest taxes in the nation, yet we are one of the worst states because the libtards in Sacramento spend money like a 16-year old girl with daddy's credit card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones