1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Scrabble games not loading

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by smjen, Aug 15, 2011.

1. smjen

smjen Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I am using EA Scrabble on my Android LG Optimus, and it had been working fine with no problems. But for the past several days, the app hasn't been loading any games. It's just stuck on "loading". I tried logging out and back in to the Facebook account and the Origin account with no success. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice with no success.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there some setting I should check? I'm getting notifications when it's my turn, but the games wont load up.

Frustrated.

Advertisement

2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    The official Scrabble game is the WORST "Scrabble" game out there IMHO. 22mb. Over-graphiced(is that a word :) ). Horrible registration process. Hard/impossible to invite friends to play. Very slow to open because of all the graphics and nonsense. Locks up all the time. Games rarely get completed. Chat feature is basically useless.

Compare it with WordFeud's 600k app that works absolutley flawlessly. Instant Notifications. Friend invites are pretty easy. Random game finds are very fast. Players almost always complete the games. Opens up very quickly. What's not to like?

I unistalled Scrabble and stuck with WordFeud as my main game and Words With Friends as my second choice. Updates have made WWF much better but notifications are pretty poor.

3. boloDK

boloDK Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    i am having the same issue with my HTC Evo 3d. Scrabble was working ok for about a week now it just loads. did you resolve this?

4. momogee

momogee Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    I wiped my phone (Samsung Captivate) which i needed to do anyways and reinstalled everything. Worked. Unfortunate solution.

Yet it's as buggy as ever. Slow.

:(
    Is Words with Friends and Wordfeud or otherones cross platform? I play Scrabble with my wife on her iphone while i'm on the android. Best ever.

5. gold2040

gold2040 Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    I use Wordfeud, cracking application, got all my friends playing it

6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Yes Wordfeud is cross-platform, as is Words With Friends.

Word feud is by far the best of these games in function. Scrabble is the best appearance, but it's like that good-looking blonde you always wanted to date...nothing inside.

7. captainmarko

captainmarko Lurker
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    mine is doing the same.. worked for a month now it won't load unless i.m on wifi.. any word on a fix??

8. caffiendfree

caffiendfree Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    This will work until EA fixes the darn issue:
    * select the settings button
    * select "Completed Games"
    * Once the list of completed games load, close that list
    * return to the menu screen (main screen)

Your current game(s) should load after a couple of seconds. You may have to do that every time.

9. geneticfreak

geneticfreak Lurker
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Same issue here. It says there is not connection detected when the wifi is disabled, yet every other internet based app works fine with the 4G.

10. jordansim28

jordansim28 Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    [FONT=&quot]You should look for setting in scrabble. Another thing to look into is your mouse settings. You may have something set so that the right-click duration is shortened automatically by the mouse program perhaps?
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]scrabble word finder[/FONT]