• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scrabble-like games

Right now you email your friends with supported devices and invite them to download the app or play if they already have it.

We're going to be implementing a ranking system, leaderboard, and challenge system over the next few weeks.

Any plans to get it out to devices with smaller screens? My son has a Pulse and there are a LOAD of Heros, etc, out there with smaller screens.

Upvote 0
Anyone know if wordwise works on the incredible yet? I really wish i knew how to program - i would have made a scrabble game and then quit school and lived on my luxurious yacht with the small fortune i could be making :) same goes for online chess. These are the only two factors that make me still miss my ipod. It's a bummer that there still isn't a strong offering yet

Upvote 0
Just downloaded WORDwise Pro, a scrabble clone and adequate replacement for Words with friends, not as polished, but finally something close. You can also play with other people over internet. Worth every penny of the 99 cents.

Installed on my and my wife's droid incredible and is working fine on both phones, had only one force close, but am playing 5 different games at once. Great for a starting app, and i am sure will only get better with updates

Upvote 0
We've just released WordWise Pro for Android. Maybe it's close enough to what you're looking for.

Polyclef Blog: WordWise Pro Released!

wordwisepro3.png

wordwisepro2.png
Just downloaded it, works great! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Upvote 0
Stats and game history, so we can re-challenge people easily on ended games. Not at all easy to remember a Gmail address to send a new challenge to.

WordWise is great, worth every penny of the 99 cents, I've recommended it to a bunch of my friends already. :D

I have to agree with this comment though. Maybe a stored "friends" list so you can easily send an invite to people you play with all the time, and the ability to add someone to that list after a game is done.
Stats would be neat too :D

(Also, some guy just dropped the word "betatron" (82 pts) on me on his first turn of the game. No way he's using a scrabble helper app, right? :p)

Upvote 0
So I've been playing Wordwise Pro the last day or so on my Incredible. It's working now which is cool.

One issue though: I'm used to Words With Friends where if someone enters an invalid word, it lets you know immediately. It seems like Wordwise Pro doesn't actually check the words. My opponent just played (for example) "KET," which I'm pretty sure is not a real word. Is there any way to challenge that? Has anyone else had issues with opponents playing invalid words?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones