• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scrabble-like games

I've been playing WordFued for the last day and it seems really good. Looks a bit nicer than Wordwise. Obviously it's best to play the one that has the most users though.

Does Wordwise have push notifications when it's your turn and does it match you up with random people if you want?

Words with friends with cross platform games between android and iphone users is a no brainer really though isn't it?

Upvote 0
I've been playing WordFued for the last day and it seems really good. Looks a bit nicer than Wordwise. Obviously it's best to play the one that has the most users though.

Does Wordwise have push notifications when it's your turn and does it match you up with random people if you want?

Words with friends with cross platform games between android and iphone users is a no brainer really though isn't it?

I just found out about WordFeud yesterday and I am already liking it better then wordwise. The layout is nicer, the way it is setup to match you with randoms seems to work better for me so far.

I have a paid Pro version of wordwise and I cannot seem to get any games going anymore. I think they need to work on the matching system. My wife for example has the free version and she is always getting random matches proposed to her, yet I have not received a single one since I paid for the Pro version.

Also WordFeud has a push system when it's your turn and a built in chat system. Wordwise is still on my phone and I will continue to play both, but as of right now I much prefer Wordfeud.

Upvote 0
I've been playing Wordwise for about a week solid as I had a few games going on there and have today gone back to Wordfued for a game and I'm instantly noticing that Wordfued isn't as nice to play at all. It's the fact you can't see where your putting the tile and having no tactile feedback when you pick a tile up and are hovering over a square. It's really not that nice after playing Wordwise for a week.

Wordwise really needs push notifications though, emails are a really clunky way of letting you know it's your turn, they were so annoying I turned them off.

Upvote 0
Word feud. Fun, easy to get into a random match or invite a friend. The ads really aren't that intrusive. If you are worried about seeing where to drop a letter when zoomed out, ZOOM IN. It's a big board, the zoom in is there for a reason.

My only complaint is that you are unable to rearrange your letters when it isn't your turn.

Upvote 0
I still play both Word Feud and WordWise. I do prefer Word Feud though. I don't think I understand how it's possible to cheat though. The dictionary is there to only allow words that are in the TWL. Some people are just really good at letter/word placement.
Too many people use Anagram solvers designed specifically for Scrabble, to maximize points. You can usually spot the players who use them, as every word they place consistently uses 6 or 7 letters every turn. Sure, some people may just be "that good", but when it happens every turn using really really obscure words, it becomes obvious.

That's why I'd like to see an option for Blitz games that limit the amount of time between turns.

Upvote 0
Just sent you an invite. Do love Wordfeud, especially the random boards now and again. About the only Scrabble-type app that gives Words with Friends a run for it's money in my opinion :)

Sweet deal!

On a random note: I e-mailed the developer about new features focusing on STATISTICS and SHORTER DEFAULT TIME. Nothing annoys me more than then you have people start up a game and after one more they stop and you lose that game-slot for 48 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones