• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scrabble-like games

If people are always playing crazy words, I'll resign and let them win and never play them again. Why play if you're just gonna cheat.

Have to take issue with this. In what way is is cheating to play a word that is accepted by the game? Do you class it as cheating if your opponent plays a word that you don't know? Do you expect your opponent to ask you before he or she plays their turn to make sure you approve of the word?

Upvote 0
Have to take issue with this. In what way is is cheating to play a word that is accepted by the game? Do you class it as cheating if your opponent plays a word that you don't know? Do you expect your opponent to ask you before he or she plays their turn to make sure you approve of the word?
I believe the person you are quoting was talking about players that play really obscure words with 5-7 tiles every single turn. Sure there are people that have a better vocabulary in their head, and may be smarter, however when you're playing an opponent that fires off huge and obscure words every single round that would be unlikely even for someone with a doctorate in the English language, then there's a pretty good chance you're playing against an anagram/scrabble solver app.

Upvote 0
I believe the person you are quoting was talking about players that play really obscure words with 5-7 tiles every single turn. Sure there are people that have a better vocabulary in their head, and may be smarter, however when you're playing an opponent that fires off huge and obscure words every single round that would be unlikely even for someone with a doctorate in the English language, then there's a pretty good chance you're playing against an anagram/scrabble solver app.

yeah i agree if person playing some really weird words ALL the time then they might be cheating. But i have played against player that are better then me that used weird words. Someone played GOX on me. (i dont suspect they are cheating)..So i had to look it up. LOL but now that word is in my head. So i played that word against my brother to win the game last night. :D Or word such as ZITI....never knew it but now i do.

I guess its kind of an 'evolution' process. The more i play the more i picked up on words i never knew. So i guess playing against a cheater you might pick up some vocab you never have before.

ps..i never played scrabble until a few months ago. now im addicted. :D

Upvote 0
Where are you finding this. I went to eamobile and find scrabble for lots of phones but not android. I entered my phone number and it sent me a link to buy games for a BB.

What's up with this?

Did someone answer this question? If so, I didn't see it, I'm curious about the answer myself as I got the same thing when I went to eamobile. Thanks in advance for your input.

Upvote 0
If people are always playing crazy words, I'll resign and let them win and never play them again. Why play if you're just gonna cheat.

Play me here

wordwise = slik88@gmail
wordfeud = citronbull
wordsmith = citronbull

Most agreed. You can add me if you like. I'm not very good, but I certainly try my best to play a good game and I play to the end, no matter how much I'm losing. lol

wordwise, wordfeud, wordsmith = txhrc4

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

We have officially released Word Zen. Works on Android phones (Android OS 1.6 or higher) and tablets.

Here's a link to our website for more details and android market download.
Word Zen

Do try it out, rate us, give comments and critics and most of all, have fun! :)

About Word Zen
Word Zen is a simple yet addictive word puzzle game from Liquid Rock Games with a relaxing zen-like theme which will appeal to players looking to test their word vocabulary.

With thousands of official crossword words to form from, the possibilities are endless!

Download Word Zen today. Works on Android phones and tablets.

It's FREE to play!

Features:

* Swipe letter tiles in any direction to form new words!
* Over 100,000 words to solve as seen in official crossword games!
* Global leader boards for players to update their scores and to compete for world ranking.
* Use special tiles to your advantage and form new strategies.

Screenshots:

screenshots0175pct.jpg

screenshots0275pct.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones