• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Scratch on screen voids warranty?

swankait

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Hi all... I've been lurking while waiting for my Incredible to come in the mail- it's finally here, yay!

I went to my local Verizon store in CT today to get a case for my phone. The sales assistant tried to push me into getting a screen protector too, but I'd rather buy them online so I declined. She kind of snootily replied that if I end up scratching the screen because I don't have a protector, it's considered physical damage and that voids the warranty on the phone.

Does this make any sense to you guys??? :thinking:

Gotta remember they work for commission ;) When I went in and was debating between the high gloss silicone case and a hard case, I asked the guy helping me if had heard good or bad things about either. He was pretty much like uh, I dunno, but I like the look of that one. Pointed to the more expensive one of course lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones