• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

scratched screen pictures?

why not get one just to be safe their like $10 for 3

1.) They distort how the screen looks. It doesn't matter how good it is, it still does it to some degree.
2.) No screen protector feels as good as bare glass to use.
3.) I take care of my devices (hence the pouch), and I will just replace the digitizer if something colossal happens (which a screen protector probably wouldn't have stopped anyway).

Upvote 0
Don't you at least find it curious there are no pictures or videos what so ever though?

NO!!!! that is the last thing anyone would go through the time to take a pic of and or post. thats an "oops" moment, not a "let take a picture and post" moment.

I'm not giving you $hit or anything I'm just trying to put you at ease why there aren't too many pics of scratched screens.......That is the last thing i would ever think about making a post for.

by the way, heres a whole thread about a "first scratch for ya" http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/158475-first-scratch.html

P.S. i use screen protectors. ONE scratch (screen or anywhere else) and i would want a new phone. it would drive me crazy.

Upvote 0
I have several minor surface scratches on my screen. None of them are noticeable unless you look for them, but they all came from putting my phone in my pocket... for just a moment.

Edit: it is my opinion that cases and screen protectors are worthless unless you are careless with your device. I have dropped my phone several times on concrete(malfunctioning belt clip) and have no issues as a result.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm kinda new around here but thought I would offer my thoughts. Sorry, no pictures to offer, but thought I would share what I have been doing to protect my Dinc.

I have been using a Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard (coupled with the Seidio Active Case), since day one, which happens to be close to 3 months now. I have tried others on different phones, but really like the Seidio's overall application and feel.

It went on fairly easily, although I am a stickler for no bubbles or debris, so I removed and reapplied it a bunch of times. It is durable similar feel to the harder type protectors not flimsy like the Invis Shield or Zagg. It is washable, during application, in case you get anything on the side that adheres to the phone. I rinsed the whole protector in a light bath of water mixed with a dab of liquid soap then blew away most of the water with compressed air, followed the instructions and presto, eventually got it perfect.

It is a full screen protector with only an opening for the optical pad. The feel of the screen is very similar to that of the stock glass and your finger should glide across it as if you were using no protector at all. No gummy sticky feel like that of the other protectors like Zagg.

As far as protection, I have gotten only a slight scratch, but that was do to a freak accident when my cat bolted across my dining room table and his paw landed on the phone. Otherwise, it has been pretty durable, handles keys in pockets, tosses in my travel bag, etc.

Clarity is superb with no color alterations or image distortion and there is no loss of touch sensitivity. I would highly recommend it if you are concerned with protecting the Incredible phone that the Dinc is!

Check it out here Ultimate Screen Guard - Crystal Clear For use with HTC Droid Incredible

Upvote 0
I have a few light scratches, which led me to purchase the Seidio screen protectors from Amazon for $11 shipped. It already has a bunch of light scratches, but I'm glad it's not on the screen itself. I got it mostly for my peace of mind since this is my first smartphone. No case yet, though, as I have the 2150 extended.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Maybe.

But your way requires lying and deceit. Not everyone wants to do that.

Oh, and if they get the phone and determine that the 3G is perfectly fine and think that you processed a false warranty claim, they CAN charge you for the refurbish phone. Sure it's not likely, but it could happen.

Do you understand the number of phones they receive a day, all they do is get the phone, check the numbers and good to go.
I'm not advocating deceit and lying. just giving options. personally i dont think the screen should scratch from keys in a pocket, so ya i personally will get a refurb if the scratch is deep. and I do everything in my power not to scratch it, no keys in pocket, case, blah blah, its just an option most people dont know about so why not take advantage of something you are paying for......

Upvote 0
I just wanted to update everyone...the unthinkable happened!

I literally have a scratch deep enough to feel with my fingernail...I will post a picture later but this is driving me NUTS. I do not have warranty either since i got the phone on ebay. How sad :(

I am pretty sure there is no way to get the scratch out either!

I bought phone off craigslist, and was able to get a refurb... everything is worth a shot bro.

Upvote 0
Do you understand the number of phones they receive a day, all they do is get the phone, check the numbers and good to go.
I'm not advocating deceit and lying. just giving options. personally i dont think the screen should scratch from keys in a pocket, so ya i personally will get a refurb if the scratch is deep. and I do everything in my power not to scratch it, no keys in pocket, case, blah blah, its just an option most people dont know about so why not take advantage of something you are paying for......

Actually... yes you are advocating lying and deceit. You said that the person was stupid and should have lied and said that his 3G was broken when in fact the guy just damaged his own screen.

Sure, lying is AN option. But it's still lying. So please don't pretend it's not.

The fact is... you probably wouldn't get caught. But there is a CHANCE that you will. Even if it's a 1% chance, it's still a gamble you have to be willing to take. Cause IF they determine that the DINC is fine and notice the scratch and pick that one to investigate, all they gotta do is pull up the account that phone came from and let Verizon know that it has been determined that a false claim was filed. And BAM... you phone bill is higher that month.

And yes, I know this for a fact. A) I have several friends who work for Verizon (as well as one for Sprint) and B) My old boss tried it with his blackberry several years ago and was one of the unlucky ones to get caught. He paid full retail for the new phone.

Upvote 0
Actually... yes you are advocating lying and deceit. You said that the person was stupid and should have lied and said that his 3G was broken when in fact the guy just damaged his own screen.

Sure, lying is AN option. But it's still lying. So please don't pretend it's not.

The fact is... you probably wouldn't get caught. But there is a CHANCE that you will. Even if it's a 1% chance, it's still a gamble you have to be willing to take. Cause IF they determine that the DINC is fine and notice the scratch and pick that one to investigate, all they gotta do is pull up the account that phone came from and let Verizon know that it has been determined that a false claim was filed. And BAM... you phone bill is higher that month.

And yes, I know this for a fact. A) I have several friends who work for Verizon (as well as one for Sprint) and B) My old boss tried it with his blackberry several years ago and was one of the unlucky ones to get caught. He paid full retail for the new phone.

Simply giving my opinion is not telling anyone to lie ok Terabethia? People can make their own choices, and I was explaining an option. It's up to them to take the gamble. I'm not looking for a fight here but you're bringing about fighting words. Let's end this here, and don't respond to me and I won't respond to you, otherwise it will get nasty and this is an online forum to give ANSWERS, which is what I was doing. I never held anyone's hand and made them do this, this is a free world and I can give my opinion any day. If you choose to respond to this, please do so in a P.M. so we don't hijack this thread any further, deal? PEACE

Upvote 0
No screen protector here either, basically because I don't like the way they look/feel. However, I have NEVER put my phone in my pocket... I have the Seidio springclip holster (the screen faces inward against a felt-covered piece of hard plastic), and unless I'm actually using the phone, it's in the holster.

Over the past 5 years, I've had the HTC PPC-6700, PPC-6800, Touch Pro, and now the Incredible. And the first thing I bought for each one was a Seidio holster. That's 5 years worth of scratch-free screens.

Of course, if you're actually holding the phone and drop it... I don't know how much a screen protector is going to help anyway.

Upvote 0
No screen protector here either, basically because I don't like the way they look/feel. However, I have NEVER put my phone in my pocket... I have the Seidio springclip holster (the screen faces inward against a felt-covered piece of hard plastic), and unless I'm actually using the phone, it's in the holster.

Over the past 5 years, I've had the HTC PPC-6700, PPC-6800, Touch Pro, and now the Incredible. And the first thing I bought for each one was a Seidio holster. That's 5 years worth of scratch-free screens.

Of course, if you're actually holding the phone and drop it... I don't know how much a screen protector is going to help anyway.

yeah that was my issue, screen protector + Nexus 1 sleeve

buddy dropped it while on the phone...

Attachments

• incredible_defeat.jpg
    incredible_defeat.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones