• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen always on when charging

edcooper714

May 16, 2010
On my last 2 phones prior to getting the Moto X, there was a setting to keep the screen on when charging. I can't seem to find on the Moto X. When in the charger it goes to half brightness. When I touch the screen it goes back to normal brightness.
Any ideas? I will not use a 3rd party app to accomplish this.

On my last 2 phones prior to getting the Moto X, there was a setting to keep the screen on when charging. I can't seem to find on the Moto X. When in the charger it goes to half brightness. When I touch the screen it goes back to normal brightness.
Any ideas? I will not use a 3rd party app to accomplish this.

Go to about phone then click the build number at the bottom 10 times and it should open up the developer options. 3rd option within that is keep screen awake while charging. I recommend not doing that while you sleep though, possibility of burn in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones