• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen and volume keys 100% non responsive

charlie11

Lurker
May 26, 2013
My touchscreen randomly stopped responding. The phone was working fine, I had left it for an hour or so and went to make a call and I cannot even move the locking circle to get into the phone. The softkeys/volume keys are also not working. The power button is working to the point where I can put the phone in and out of standby.

I have tried restarting the phone a number of times and connecting it to charge I have even made the little pin in the side come out more like is suggested in many online posts.

The phone is around 13 months old and I am currently travelling so cannot take it back to the store to get them to look at it. I cannot get into the phone to change any settings as the screen is locked.

Please help as my phone is not only my contact methods to those back home but also my camera for my travels!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones