• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen blank on call when removed from ear

odojoe

Jul 12, 2011
I am not sure if this is a know problem or an anomaly. When I am on a call and take the phone away from my ear. the screen remains black and unresponsive. When I make a call after I press the phone icon to complete the call the screen also goes blank and is unresponsive.

Any remedies or suggestions?

Do you have sort of screen protector or "skin" installed? There is a proximity sensor in the upper-left of the screen, and if that sensor is blocked even partially by a mis-installed or badly-fitting screen protector, it may exhibit the symptoms you're experiencing.

I also had similar problems that were resolved by uninstalling the LightFlow app. Nobody else claimed to have such experience with that app though.

Reactions: odojoe
Upvote 0
Do you have sort of screen protector or "skin" installed? There is a proximity sensor in the upper-left of the screen, and if that sensor is blocked even partially by a mis-installed or badly-fitting screen protector, it may exhibit the symptoms you're experiencing.

I also had similar problems that were resolved by uninstalling the LightFlow app. Nobody else claimed to have such experience with that app though.
Thanks, that was it. I just cut a little piece of the top of the screen protector.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
The issue is very annoying. You move the phone away from head and the screen stays blanks. Then you hit the side button and it goes on and off again so you put it back to your face to turn it on ... it's a really annoying game! I'll try cutting the screen protector - thanks!

Welcome to the forums :D

I had this issue on my EVO 4g lte and cutting it cleared it right up.

Let us know if that solves it! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones