• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen blank when phone rings for a few seconds

WASABE918

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
My htc hero just started to act up with incoming calls. I hear the phone rings but the screen remains blank for a seconds before the caller's ID shows up. Can anyone help? Its annoying when the phones rings but cant pick up until the caller ID shows up much later. Please help. Thanks.

My htc hero just started to act up with incoming calls. I hear the phone rings but the screen remains blank for a seconds before the caller's ID shows up. Can anyone help? Its annoying when the phones rings but cant pick up until the caller ID shows up much later. Please help. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great folks here to offer help!

First, are you using Android 1.5, or have you updated the software to 2.1? Or did it come with 2.1? If you are running 2.1, did you do the over the air (OTA) update that was available a few days after 2.1 became available? OR, have you rooted your phone? If so, what rom are you using? There are really a number of variables, but I will try to hit on a few ideas. Have you rebooted the phone recently? Many problems can be fixed by doing this on a regular basis. Do you always use the back arrow to close out of apps when you are done with them? Are you in another app, or on the web when the call comes in? How many apps do you have? It seems that if you have around 70 apps, this may cause some issues. Speaking of apps, did this start just after adding a new app? How many text messages do you have? Any long threads should be cleared, as this also causes issues. If you have rooted and are using a custom rom, then may I suggest that you post in the "all things root forum" for more help.

Let us know more details and if any of these things I have suggested have helped, and we will see what else we can do to help. :)

Upvote 0

Until you solve what is causing the problem, you could just answer by pressing the green call button if you don't want to wait until caller ID shows up

Reactions: wrench
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones