• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen blotches

maxorific1

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
Okay so im having a very strange issue with my galaxy nexus. When i view a solid black background (or very dark grey), it almost looks like there are splotches of dead pixels. I dont really know how else to explain it. Under 99% of normal conditions of using the screen, its all good. But on dark grey and black there are splotches at the top of the screen and on the left side. Has anyone else had this issue? A really easy time to see this is when loading a facebook pic.

Okay so im having a very strange issue with my galaxy nexus. When i view a solid black background (or very dark grey), it almost looks like there are splotches of dead pixels. I dont really know how else to explain it. Under 99% of normal conditions of using the screen, its all good. But on dark grey and black there are splotches at the top of the screen and on the left side. Has anyone else had this issue? A really easy time to see this is when loading a facebook pic.

Is it on the screen itself, or are you seeing this on the Bezel?

I have something weird going on under the Home and Arrow keys on the bottom Bezel.

Looks like sort of like a finger print or smudge marks, and some wiggly lines...under the screen!

Can be seen when tilted sideways in certain light, but only on the Bezel.

Upvote 0

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ing-effect-nexus-other-hd-amoled-screens.html

It is an issue that a fair amount of us have seen. It doesn't appear to be affecting everyone so I am not certain if it is an actual defect, or a byproduct of the amoled display. I can tell you that while I notice it exactly as you describe, on my nexus...I do not on my Rezound which is an LCD display.

Upvote 0
Its on the actual screen, not the bezel. But finn, im not sure if its related to the color banding because i have that too but it is a different issue. They arent lines but actual blotches of pure black. Again, very hard to see, but under the right conditions theyre there, always in the same locations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones