1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screen Brightness After Sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjones371, Apr 30, 2012.

1. bjones371

bjones371 Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Hi All,

I'm running Resurrection Remix ICS v1.7 with Siyah Kernel v3.2b3 and have a small problem when the phone is woken up from "sleep". The screen brightness is always at the minimum just after it has woken.

If I go to the brightness option in settings, the slider still says brightness is on full. If I move the slider then the brightness adjusts accordingly again, until the next time the screen turns off, then it's back to minimum brightness again until I adjust it.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

B

Advertisement

2. eirikdh

eirikdh Member

Jul 5, 2011
    I have the same problem :(
    Look to the left what I use.

P.S. Just updated to Siyah-v3.1.2. Will see if it helps! Forgot to do that as I installed V11 og AndyX.

3. bjones371

bjones371 Newbie
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Just had a quick play around with settings, and while it is still doing it, I've changed the sleep timeout to 15 seconds. If I turn the display off manually and then turn it back on, then it remains dim. If I then unlock the phone and wait for half of the sleep period (around 7.5 seconds, where the screen would normally dim as part of power saving) then the screen goes to full brightness for a split second, then back to dim again. Touching the screen then restores it to full brightness.

Really puzzling me.