• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Brightness on Atrix HD

AtrixHD

Lurker
Jul 25, 2012
I have to set my screen to dimmest it will go to get my battery to last all day and I would say this is with just a hour of use total calling texting, and a little surfing and some facebooking. If I dont turn it all the way down I would say 8hrs tops and its dead. This is horrible battery in this phone IMO. Says screen is 87% battery usage and it probably isnt on a hour out of the day total. Next is FB only like 35% then everything else is way low on % wise. What can I do to help this any suggestions. What the use in having this nice screen if the battery wont support it for long.

What is the best battery saver app that is free? Thanks!

FWIW, I was using the native power saving controls, and was able to get two days of "my normal use"...when at home and in a good LTE signal area (and three to five days with my Motorola Defy).That all changes when at work however.

I also use(d) the "Screen Adjuster" application to dim the screen a little lower than stock adjustment would allow. As with my Note, I feel the Atrix HD is a little to bright, at it's lowest setting, for indoor/night use, and the battery life could benefit from the screen producing a dimmer image.

Reactions: AtrixHD
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones