1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Screen Brightness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Baddabing, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Baddabing

Baddabing New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    I have had my Samsung for 2 weeks and I can't help but notice the difference in the brightness of the X compared to the Fascinate. I went back into the V store and with the managers tried to match the brightness but couldn't. I know that I have a "Super AMOLED" screen which they say sets it above other phones but to me the X looks much better. What is the super amoled screen and shouldn't it be as bright as the X?

Advertisement

2. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    Saylorsburg, PA
    Go into your sound & display settings. Uncheck the "power saving mode" at the very bottom. Then scroll up to the "brightness" setting. Uncheck "automatic brightness adjustment" and crank the brightness up to 100%. Now do your comparison.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    That's weird cause my looks just fine at 0% brightness

4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    There is a brightness setting inside the browser..menu, more, brightness setting! And LCD has brighter whites, and amoled has deeper darker tones.

5. ^^this

It's a subjective issue, though. Given that the settings are "equal," so to speak, on both devices, the AMOLED wins by a long shot as far as my old peepers go.

Some, however, disagree. ;)

6. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Same here. Pretty much set at 0% for 95% of the time. I'll crank it up halfway or more if I'm using it outside in the sun then back down as soon as I'm indoors. Hell, I have to squint my eyes when I first turn on the display in the morning even at 0%.

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Yeah I had mine at two clicks/increments above the lowest setting but I just dropped it down to the lowest and its still plenty visible