• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Broke - Need Help

Hello Everyone,

I need some help with my phone, please.
I have a Huawei Ascend Mate 7 (TL-10). The screen broke when the phone fell.

The thing is, the screen was working just fine even after cracking. The touch was performing as it was before breaking. Then after a day, I clicked on restart and the phone shut off but didn't switch back on.

Now, the phone is switched off. The charging LED does not show. I tried connecting to a computer to at least get the data out if possible, but that didn't work.

Now, guys, I need help determining my next step. Where I live, I cannot go to just any shop and get the screen replaced because not only do I NOT trust these shopkeepers but also, they are pretty much inexperienced to be polite. I do not want to risk damaging the phone in attempt to replace the screen.

I can open the phone myself but I need a new screen and I have talked to people who sell them. They said they offer check warranty - meaning they will connect the screen to my phone and see if it works and hand it to me then. Otherwise they aren't responsible and neither are they responsible for if the screen doesn't work after installation or some time at home. And for this I have to take my "opened" phone to them for them to check the scree since they have no other ways of checking it.

Concluding, my question now is - is there anything wrong with the phone or I can just replace the screen and it'll be back being perfect again? This is scary cause I have data in the phone and I need to, at least, get that and other stuff like whatsapp account if (God forbid) the phone does not work.
Is there a way to get my data and accounts from the phone's current status?

Please respond as soon as you can and please let me know anything that can help me out here.
Thank you so much

“Where I live, I cannot go to just any shop and get the screen replaced“

Here in China, Huawei local services is no problem.

What country are you in?

I have talked to the huawei repair service and they gave me a price that is more than the phone itself!
I asked them again that the price for replacing the screen is more than the value of the phone right now, but they said it is what it is.

Need technical help now.

Upvote 0
I have talked to the huawei repair service and they gave me a price that is more than the phone itself!
I asked them again that the price for replacing the screen is more than the value of the phone right now, but they said it is what it is.

Need technical help now.

Well if the screen is busted and replacement is the only thing that will get it operational again, so you can retrieve your content, I don't think there's much else you can do with it, that's it

How much it might cost could depend on what country or region you're in.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
There's a good chance your phone's display isn't the only problem that might be the real issue that needs to be addressed. Even if the display did fail completely, this wouldn't necessarily kill your phone completely. The fact that you apparently your phone isn't even charging or booting up could be an indicator that when it was dropped that could have affected some internal component(s) inside, not just the physical damage you could see on the outside (screen cracking). Replacing the display may or may not even be the actual problem. Even if it was working for time after the accident, just hypothetically something like a solder joint in the motherboard could have damaged and didn't fail completely until later.
A phone that's been dropped and isn't active in any way should probably be checked out by a reputable phone servicing center.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones