1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen broken, how to get photos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drunken christ, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Drunken christ

Hi,

I dropped my S2 at the weekend and cracked the inner screen. I can turn on the device but the screen is blank and I cannot use the touch screen. I think my insurance company can repair it but I guess they will replace it or do a factory reset. I really need to get my photos off the device but when I connect it to Kies it says I need to enter password on the device to unlock it. I've tried to do this blindly but it doesn't work so I assume the touch screen is not working. I've also tried New PC Studio but that doesn't work either.

I have lots of photos of my now three week old daughter on the phone and they are most of the photos we have of her so far. I would be pretty devastated to lose those photos and videos of her so really hope someone can help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

Can you access the files via my computer on your pc?

3. Drunken christ

No, it doesn't show up as a drive at all, I assume that is also as it is locked

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews