1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Broken, Looking for help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hoosiers71, Aug 6, 2011.

1. hoosiers71

hoosiers71 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    My G2 fell out of my pocket and in between the cushions of my couch where it then went on to smack dead on glass first into some sort of metal bar.

My screen is now useless and therefore my phone useless. Any help on where I could look to buy a new screen and for instructions on how to install it would be greatly appreciated. I looked through ebay but could only seem to find phones, not parts. And I see instructions on how to repair basically every phone in the world on this site, except for my T-Mobile HTC G2.

Advertisement

2. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
  3. SmallDL

SmallDL Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    SAHM, Student, Navy Wife
    Laveen, AZ
    It is possible! One very drunken night, I cracked my screen, I thought all was lost. But the husband being the awesome computer nerd he is, found and replaced my screen and it works perfect.
    I do know there are a few walk through vids on YouTube. Hope it works out for you! I think all said and done to replace it, cost like 30-60bucks. (Only because we didn't already have the screwdriver set needed)

4. hoosiers71

hoosiers71 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    thanks a lot, I had no idea that was what the phone was really called. I was wondering why it seemed so difficult to find things about the phone on here when almost every other smart phone known to man was easily accessible, haha.

Tags: